Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting stronger each day

Just a quick update on Simon's gait and strength since he got his petrie casts off one week ago. He is definately getting stronger and limping alittle less each day. He cannot run yet, but he is trying to gallop. At least he wants to try.... which is an improvement! I heard back from his Ortho doctor today after I emailed my concerns that he was still so stiff. He said this was completely normal and it could take one to two months to get his strength and mobility back to where it was. So I felt alittle better knowing that!
Still focusing on activities that will improve his strength and ROM such as swimming, biking, and just plain running around. We will talk with our doctor on June 7th about starting more structured exercises. In the meantime he has slept through the night 3 nights now. Yippee! Hope I didn't just jinx myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment