Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to Seattle on September 22nd

Just a quick update.... We decided to take the 3 hour trip back to Seattle children's hospital in a few weeks, where we had a second opinion done last February. We would just like some confirmation that we are on track (with just waiting things out at this point) and also have them take a look at the hip xray - where there is a thin line of bone coming from the flattened head of the femur out to the edge of the ball - if that makes sense. I wish I could get a picture of the xray online! I may try to request that.

Simon limps at his baseline now - whether he's running or walking. I don't really know what that means - OK - or bad. But he's sleeping through the night and doesn't complain - so we are just waiting.... He does fatigue easily so we don't go anywhere where there is more than 5 minutes of walking without a stroller (the umbrella one) - or else I'll be carrying him! And he does seem to be getting heavier! I guess they do gain weight.... ha! - but he's only gone from about 31 to a max of 34 pounds in the last year. But he's gained alittle height so that makes it trickier for carrying. Luckily for us, we can still do it.

So I'll post an update after our appointment in Seattle. Lots of times it's just status quo info.... so don't get too excited!... I use to wait on pins and needles for the appointments - hoping for more info, something to say we were moving in at least some direction - good OR bad. But with perthes, it's usually a snails pace progression - so a lot of times, little changes between appointments. So I try not to get too excited. However, I will be very happy if we hear that things are looking favorable for NO surgery - at least for now. So we'll see!